"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Property of GG - Do Not Copy

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ~ Dr Seuss.

So often we lament that our lives now are not as they were when we were younger.  But thank goodness we had those opportunities and life experiences when we were young!   I have so many fond memories from all of my childhood, teen years, early adulthood, and even into middle-age.  And I am so pleased that I am still friends with so many dear people whom I have known for most of my life.  Last year I attended a milestone high school reunion and, even though we have lost many from our class, I found it very endearing.  It was very poignant to reminisce with friends of so many years. 

And, within the same month, I traveled to San Francisco for a reunion with sorority sisters from college.  Through the Internet and Facebook (yes, it is for older people too!) we have reconnected and stay in touch.  We have shared so many fond memories and special moments in time. 

Rejoice in the past but make the most of the present ... keep making memories, and tell those you love and care about just how much they mean to you. ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment