"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Thursday, November 22, 2012

 
"All that we behold is full of blessings." ~ William Wordsworth
 
Property of GG - Do Not Copy
 
 
On this Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for so many things ... my beloved family, my many wonderful friends, the many freedoms we enjoy, and good health.  When we are young we take good health for granted, however, as we age we become more aware of our mortality.  In my case, I am eating healthier and exercising far more than when I was working full time in a stressful career.
 
And it seems that the older I get the faster the years fly by.   I cannot believe that we are nearing the end of 2012 already!  This Psychology Today article suggests that to slow down the pace of life as we age, we should "take advantage of new and unique experiences" . . . . and that we should focus "on positive (rather than negative) past memories, trying to live more in the present, and holding a positive perception of the future - envisioning a future full of hope and optimism.  In other words, use time wisely."  http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201004/why-time-goes-faster-you-get-older.
 
As we approach the sunset of life we learn to appreciate more what really matters and is important in our lives.  It isn't things . . . it is quality time spent with those we love and care about.  I hope you are making the most of your Thanksgiving Day.  Carpe Diem! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment