"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

cold virus

There is a nasty cold virus going around that has knocked many of us for a loop.  You awake in the wee hours (at least that's how it began for me) with a killer headache that won't go away, begin sneezing, your nose will not stop running, and you just feel rotten ... literally rotten.  Needless to say, I've gone through several boxes of tissues (the ones with aloe are less abrasive on a tender nose), taken Coldeeze, cough drops, Sudafed -- and today I added Mucinex.  I am  finally beginning to feel a little better.

I am perplexed as to how I became ill.  Perhaps it was when I vacuumed and dusted the refrigerator coils ... or when I used free weights or the mat at the gym?  I wash my hands constantly and I help keep the antibacterial gel manufacturers in business.  Regardless, no matter how healthy our lifestyle, no one is immune to the common cold.  The only cure is time ... and patience is a virtue.  Stay well. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment