"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Sunday, May 13, 2012


"Two things you give your children ... one is roots, the other is wings" (author unknown).   In my lifetime I have been a daughter, wife, mother, career woman, and grandmother.  My greatest role has been as a mother (and grandmother is a close second).

I will never forget the joy of having my firstborn; she was born the day before Mother's Day and today this beautiful young woman celebrates her birthday.  Nothing was more precious to me than holding a beloved little newborn in my arms.  I was blessed with three children and I spent so many nights rocking, soothing, nurturing all of my children,  treasuring every moment.  


Whether a woman works outside the home or is a stay-at-home mom, being a mother is still a full time job, 24/7.  A mother cooks, cleans, launders, teaches, trains, disciplines.  She is a taskmaster, tutor, chauffeur, and nurse.  We are not taught how to be good mothers, and some of us had better role models than others.  But a mother loves her children always and unconditionally  ... with a bond that is everlasting.   Happy Mother's Day. ♥








No comments:

Post a Comment