"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Move it or lose itI saw the sweetest show on TV tonight titled "Over 90 and Loving It."  It highlighted men and women from 91 to 100 who are still living life to the fullest, staying active, exercising, some even working full time, and who are spending quality time with friends and loved ones.  "Move it or lose it" -- which these darling elderly citizens heed and they are still making the most of every day.  One 94 year old man still competes in track and field events -- and often wins!

By comparison, I think of my own mother, almost 92, who spends her day in an electric scooter, a recliner chair, or her bed.  Other than arthritis, she has no major ailments.  I tried to convince her years ago that she needed to be mobile and keep walking and exercising.  I hate to see her so stiff and immobile now but she won't make any effort to improve her flexibility.  Regardless, I am encouraged by these active seniors featured in this TV show and it motivates me to continue exercising as much as possible, being mentally active, and spending as much time as possible with those I care about most. ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment