"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

germs virus
Germs!  They're everywhere, they're everywhere!  I have had a relapse of the bad cold virus I had a few weeks ago which has led me to think of all the places where we are exposed to germs.  The gym (probably one of the easiest places to pick them up -- from weights, mats, bikes, any exercise equipment), the ATM, money, public restrooms (why do so few people wash their hands?), doorknobs (I recall that Howard Hughes was paranoid about putting his hands on a doorknob after washing them), computer mouse and keyboard, escalators, all forms of public transportation, shopping carts (I always wipe the handle before using), and especially in our own kitchens.

Garbage disposals harbor germs and bacteria, thus I often pour hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, or baking soda in the disposal and let it sit for awhile.    And sponges are the biggest culprits of harboring germs!  WebMD states that kitchen sponges are the number 1 source of germs in the whole house.  I usually replace sponges every couple of weeks.  To kill possible bacteria in the sponge in between replacement, I slightly wet the sponge, place it on top of a paper towel, and microwave it for 2 minutes.  Stay germ-free and stay well. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment