"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  I hope you know how special you are and how important you are in your child's life.  I was close with my dad.  His final words to me were, "You'll always be my favorite daughter."  (I have 4 brothers and was his only daughter!)  He has been gone almost 17 years and I still miss him.

There are too many men in this world who have fathered children who are not dads. A dad takes an active interest in his child's life, is a role model, and encourages his child into adulthood. 

To this day, when I hear Mike & the Mechanics song, "In the Living Years," I still get choked up.  "I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away.  I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say."  My dad was ill for many years and there were many times when we thought we would lose him and I was at his bedside;  however, when his time came there was no family with him ... no one to squeeze his hand and say, "I love you, Dad."

If you are lucky enough to still have your dad, make sure he knows how much you love him.  And if you are a dad, treasure the moments you have with your children.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment