"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Smartphone apps
As I mentioned several weeks ago, I love my smartphone and have it with me all the time.  Previously, I suggested several helpful smartphone apps and I have  a few more to add which have served me well.

My travels this past week required a change of planes twice on both the outbound and return flights.  I downloaded the Delta Airlines app (and American and United Airlines) in order to keep informed of all flight details, including layover time, specific gate departures and arrivals.  If you are on a WiFi flight, you can access the airline app enroute for free without having to purchase WiFi service.  Additionally, the apps show your frequent flyer number and up-to-date frequent flyer miles.  I find it so much easier than trying to obtain that information online from my laptop. 

I travel home on Thursday and the airline app provides me every bit of information I need and, if any of my return flights are delayed, it will keep me updated.   I can check in via the app and download mobile boarding passes if I wish.   JetBlue, Southwest, and many other airlines also have mobile apps; US Air does not as yet.

Traveling is such a hassle these days that I am all for anything that can make airline travel easier; these apps serve that purpose. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment