"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I recall my dad telling me when I was quite young that rock n' roll would never last, that it was just a fad.  But I grew up loving rock n' roll, I adored all the performers, and I even hid a transistor radio under my bed so I could fall asleep listening to my favorite tunes.  I rushed home from school everyday to watch American Bandstand.

I learned to dance watching Bandstand, and not only tried to copy the regulars' dance moves, but even the hairstyles and clothes they wore.  I am saddened to learn of the passing of "America's Oldest Teenager" who brought so much joy to my youth.  He helped so many young singers achieve fame and subsequently became a major icon in the music and entertainment industry.  New Year's Eve won't be the same without him and "Auld Lang Syne" will be a little more poignant this year.  RIP Dick Clark. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment