"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Friday, April 27, 2012

When I was a child, I always looked forward to my birthday.  A young child is so eager to say, "I'm 5 -- but I'm almost 6!"  Now that I am older I find that I don't look forward to birthdays anymore -- but I'm so grateful that I still have them.  I fought growing older until about five years ago when I finally realized that it was time to grow old gracefully and just go with it.  Age happens.

And the older I get the more I realize how very important it is to spend quality time with my family and friends.  They are what matter most in life ... "things" are so unimportant.  Nothing is more precious to me than spending one-on-one time with my little grandson, hoping that I will be around to see him grow up.   I cherish time spent with my grown children and I find that my relationships with my brothers (no sister) are closer now, and we appreciate each other more.  Friends become even more caring as we age ... and as we lose loved ones.   Today is my birthday -- and I am one year wiser. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment