"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Golden Girl hobby watercolor
Wikipedia defines a hobby as "an activity, interest, enthusiasm, or amateur pastime that is undertaken for pleasure or relaxation, typically done during one's leisure time."   Well, if you're retired, then you have plenty of leisure time to pursue a hobby.  I have several hobbies which include growing orchids, watercolor painting (on the left is my very first attempt at painting water in a vase), photography (I took every photo you see on this blog), reading,  and exploring nature.  Admittedly, I am an amateur at all my hobbies.

I met a recently-retired man over the weekend whose hobby is flying miniature indoor helicopters by remote control.  My brother's hobby is flying outdoor model rockets and, when he was younger, he used to build model rockets.   Dancing, fishing, biking, sewing, knitting quilting, crafts, stamp collecting, antiquing, etc., etc., are just some of the multitude of so many hobbies to choose from.  And aren't we lucky that we now have the time to pursue them?♥

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your photos are amateur at all. They are wonderful and so sharp. Keep clicking, girlie.

    ReplyDelete