"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Sunday, March 18, 2012

As a recent retiree, I find myself wondering why they call the senior years "golden."  Oh yes, I love not waking up to an alarm clock, not having to fight traffic to get to a demanding job and putting out fires all day, and then fighting traffic again to arrive back at home exhausted.

However, now that I have so much freedom and the ability to choose how I wish to spend my time, I find that sleep evades me.  I yearn to be able to fall asleep within 5 - 10 minutes as I did previously.  Now I toss and turn for hours with insomnia before finally succumbing to 1/2 sleeping pill.

I stay busy, do volunteer work, dabble in artistic hobbies, read, and I have plenty of friends -- but I can't sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment