"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fairchild - GGDid I mention how much I love Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens?  Such a beautiful, tranquil place ... definitely one of Miami's greatest assets!  This scene is in the rainforest.
Just returned from an early evening walk ... it was a gorgeous day, not too humid.  You may have noticed "creaky joints" in my web address.  Well, all my joints creak (damned arthritis!) and I have had both knees replaced so I try to walk as often as possible.  Being retired allows a lot more time to walk ... and reflect.  

I've been looking for part-time work but it hasn't been easy because I am not bilingual and I am, well -- older.  Unfortunately, the ADEA (Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967) looks good on paper but doesn't apply in reality.   You would think the baby boomer work ethic would be desirable.  All those skills I have learned over so many years just idling ....


No comments:

Post a Comment