"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

healthy plant foods - GG
"If you don't use it, you lose it."  I read in the paper this morning about three women in their 70's who are still running marathons.  They all look terrific! 

Exercise keeps our bodies and minds healthy.  I met a 91 year-old woman the other day who remains fairly agile -- she still organizes and orchestrates a huge volunteer effort each year with several people working under her.

There are advantages to aging ... such as the SilverSneakers program.  My Medicare insurance plan offers SilverSneakers and I am so pleased with it.  (Check it out here:  http://www.silversneakers.com/.)  I can exercise at Curves, where I have met so many nice ladies, or the local YMCA for free ... as long as I go regularly.  The YMCA has classes specifically designed for seniors, including cardio fitness and even Zumba (which Curves also offers).  In addition, my Medicare plan offers discounts at Weight Watchers.  If your insurance plan offers a similar program, please share it with us. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment