"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunset - GGWhat has happened to the written word?  Young people are so caught up in texting and twittering with abbreviations that you seldom see correctly spelled words anymore.  Every day I see "your" being used for "you're," the contraction for "you are."   I am proud to be a baby boomer, and glad that we were required to learn how to spell and write in script when we were in school -- and taught to write thank-you notes.

I recently gave a young mother a baby present consisting of two little outfits.  It was delivered to her home by someone else.  When I saw her a few weeks later she simply said, "Thanks for the stuff."  (I would have felt better about it if she had said "cute outfits.")  You don't have to send me a written thank-you note (however, it is greatly appreciated), but at least make it a little personal if it's a verbal thank you!

Last week a close friend sent me an email about the things that will disappear during the lives of our grandchildren.  These include the post office, the check, the book, the newspaper, the landline telephone ... and privacy.   Sadly, privacy is already a thing of the past. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment